The holiday season is upon us and giving opportunities abound. Our coalition members are hard at work to ensure that children and families in Hamilton County are able to enjoy the season. So as you enjoy all the festivities that Christmas brings, take a moment to share the joys with your neighbors.
Here are a few ways our coalition members have made it easy for you to celebrate the giving season:
- The Chambliss Center chooses families most in-need and pairs them with sponsors for Christmas. If your business, church group, or family would like to sponsor a family this Christmas, give the Chambliss Center a call. Staff will provide a wish list of items for you to return, unwrapped, to give to the family. Alternatively, the Chambliss Center has made it easy to give with their Holiday Wish List and easy shopping through Amazon Wish Lists for Early Childhood Education and Residential Program. (Pro Tip: Use Amazon Smile to make your donation go even further!)
- Every year, the Northside Neighborhood House serves hundreds of children and families in Chattanooga by providing toys and Christmas food boxes. Bring your unwrapped toy donations to the Northside Neighborhood House or make a monetary gift to the NNH Santa’s Workshop or Christmas food boxes. Learn more!
- The United Way of Greater Chattanooga is partnering with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to provide age-appropriate books every month for children from birth to age five. A $12 donation will send a book a month to a local child for an entire year. Give our children the gift of literacy this Christmas.
Give Your Time
- We all know of the great work and toy donation opportunities available through Toys for Tots. But their work relies heavily on local volunteer support, including transportation and storage of toys, work in the local warehouse, and help with meals. Sign up here to volunteer or contact Sgt. Charles McIntyre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
And Finally, Ask For Help…
- The holidays can be stressful and not a time of joy for everyone. If you or someone you know needs help or support this holiday season, Dial 2-1-1 for free and confidential assistance to be connected with local resources.