APPLY HERE for the Director of Student Strategy and Literacy position
Chattanooga 2.0 is hiring! We are seeking an experienced education leader with robust knowledge in literacy and best practices in K-12 instruction. If you are someone looking to make a big impact for children and youth in our community in a flexible and high-visibility role with Chattanooga 2.0, the Director of Student Strategy and Literacy position may be a great fit for you.
Broadly, Chattanooga 2.0 is hiring a Director of Student Strategy and Literacy to develop and execute strategies that enhance the ability of Chattanooga 2.0 to achieve its mission – to drive collaboration, measurement, and alignment of policy and practice to ensure all Chattanooga-Hamilton County children and youth receive a quality education and career opportunities that help them realize their full potential.
Specifically, the Director will establish a community-wide shared vision and theory of action specific to literacy with a focus on meeting the unique learning needs of diverse students. The Director will be expected to guide and support community partners to be fully aligned with Hamilton County Schools’ literacy initiatives and be full participants in its Student Success Planning (SSP) initiative. Finally, the Director must serve as a strategic, data and evidence-driven partner with the goal of equitable outcomes for learners from cradle to career.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a pattern of championing transformative change along the cradle to career pipeline and an exceptional ability to drive progress toward measurable goals in early childhood, K-12, and post-secondary spaces. The position requires the ability to build relationships with a diverse group of public and private sector stakeholders, the skills to creatively inform and educate the community about best practices in literacy and student instruction, and a high degree of political savvy and consensus-building.
To apply for this position, submit a persuasive cover letter and resume as a single document in .PDF format, by 2 p.m., March 23, 2022.
- Establish Vision and a Theory of Action Plan specific to literacy across the county
- Work in close partnership with Hamilton County Schools (HCS) and City of Chattanooga Department of Early Learning, and other relevant stakeholder groups
- Develop unified set of metrics, and then progress monitor partners on their commitments and effectiveness in meeting those metrics
- Support the implementation of Chatt 2.0 Theory of Action and strategic plan
- Lead alongside Action Team Chairs the work of school/student related action teams
- Support and continue to build Children’s Cabinet and Out of School Time (OST) Alliance
- Guide and support community partners to be full participants in Student Success Planning (SSP); train participating partners on the SSP model and digital platform alongside HCS
- Assist in progress monitoring work of all Chattanooga 2.0 Action Teams
- Develop and maintain structures for community partners to engage with the work of Chatt 2.0 and each other, specifically work related to literacy initiatives
- Lead grant writing/seeking of one-time or ongoing funding for projects and initiatives spearheaded by Chatt 2.0, especially opportunities related to literacy
- Use data to identify areas of growth; recommend areas for improvement and assist in the planning/coordination to address identified needs in county-wide literacy
- Serve as a strategic partner for community members in best supporting all children and literacy in Hamilton County
- Provide training to community partners utilizing Science of Reading, with a focus on best practices for achieving equitable outcomes for all students
- Align all work to Science of Reading; support community partners in alignment
- Establish, cultivate and maintain contact with members of the community and representatives of community groups; initiate, coordinate, and attend relevant meetings and work sessions, especially those related to literacy
- Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation to engage and inform more stakeholders, with a focus on literacy
- Adhere to the company’s style guide, ensuring the production of high-quality and error-free copy
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 4 years work experience
Other Helpful Experience:
- Strategic planning and/or group facilitation experience
- Project management
- Administrative skills