Child care providers apply here
Click this link to apply your agency for a child care teacher substitute that will work alongside your current staff at 30 hours per week for one year. LINK TO APPLY. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 6, 2023.
Details of the substitute program for providers:
- A child care teacher will be dedicated to your agency for 30 hours each week for one year.
- The role of the substitute in your agency will be to fill in as lead or assistant classroom teacher when your current staff need to take a sick day. On days when all staff are present, the substitute will serve to reduce the adult-to-child ratio.
- While the substitute can fill in wherever needed, at least 80% of their time is meant to be spent in the classroom.
- You will pay the substitute at a rate of $13/hr and be reimbursed by the United Way of Greater Chattanooga.
- Child care substitute applicants will be screened before spending a half day in your agency, speaking with you and working in a classroom, so that you can determine if they are a good fit. (You will have the opportunity to approve or deny which child care substitute is assigned to your agency).
- Priority will be given to child care provider/agency applicants in the 37404, 37406, and 37412 zip codes and those in the surrounding area who serve economically disadvantaged children.
- If we can find substitutes who you deem to be a good fit for your agency, we foresee them starting as soon as May 1st.
- Awarded agencies will be required to attend a CCR&R Professionalism for Directors session, if they have not already.
- We will host two technical assistance webinars to answer questions. They will take place Monday, March 27 at 3PM and 6PM. We will answer any questions about the application or the program. To sign up for this webinar, click HERE for the 3PM and click HERE for the 6pm time slots.
- Funding for this one-year program is made possible by a federal grant from the City of Chattanooga. For this reason, we will work closely with providers to ensure monthly payroll records for the substitute are collected. We will also have an initial set of questions about staff turnover, to help us judge whether or not the additional staff make a difference in your day-to-day operations.
- Questions can be emailed to email@example.com
child care teachers apply here
Child care teachers interested in working for the dedicated substitute pilot should submit their resume or job history* to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details of the substitute program:
- Hours and Pay: 30 hours per week at $13 per hour
- Length of Position: One year
- Training and Support Available: Teachers who join the pilot program will be a part of a 10-teacher cohort. The cohort will attend a paid, full-day training before starting at the child care agencies. The cohort will come back together once each quarter to attend professional development.
- Interview Process: Selected candidates will first be invited to a phone interview; If selected to move on, we will conduct a background check; Round two will consist of a PAID half-day interview and teaching session at the potential child care location.
- For questions, please email email@example.com and we will continue to post answers to commonly asked questions on this page.
College tuition last-dollar scholarships
Information will be made available in the coming weeks regarding this category of the Quality Matters Fund.